PAGES

SLIDER

distraction

Friday, January 27, 2012

Leave all to Me. This is your great task, to get calm in My presence, not to let one unruffled feeling stay for one moment...No matter who frets you or what, yours is the task to stop all else until absolute calm comes.
God Calling, January 26

Oh my precious Jesus, how I have ignored You over these past couple of weeks. Forgive me, my Beautiful One. I have been ruffled more times in the past month than I dare say...hurt feelings, concern for R.'s adoption, irritation, focus on myself, and frustration with people...distraction, distraction, distraction.

I turned to You for moments, but I ignored what I know to be true...that I must remain in Your presence until peace comes. Thank you, Jesus, that You continued to pursue me, that You waited for me when I forgot all about You. Thank you, Jesus, that you are the calm in the storm, that I can rest peacefully in Your love despite every circumstance. Thank you that You care more about R. than I ever could and that You are working a great miracle to bring her home.

Jesus, I am learning. I am learning not to let distractions deter me from Your love. Please keep teaching me. I so want to love you more. I so want to live in Your presence every moment of every day.

Thank you, Dear Jesus, for Your absolute calm.
It always comes when I let You in.

And they came to Him, and awoke Him, saying, "Save us, Lord; we are perishing!" And He said to them, "Why are you timid, you men of little faith?" Then He arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and it became perfectly calm. And the men marveled, saying, "What kind of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?"
Matthew 8:25-27
image signature

3 comments:

No Greater Love said...

Amen to that. :) His peace is beyond compare. Glad you got to spend some wonderful time with Him today.

At least you have never been irritated with me.....hee hee hee.

Hey...where are you? I just called. You should come sleep over....

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh dear...I could have written this about myself:) Big hugs and praying that we are no longer distracted...

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

Thank you for sharing, Sarah. We must REMAIN in His presence...not just come for moments. Yes. And Amen. Thank you for reminding me. Praying with you.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger