PAGES

SLIDER

a beautiful start to 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dear friends,
today I was reminded of something beautiful.
today I was reminded,

it's not about me

Now this may be blaringly obvious to the rest of you, but I had to be reminded of this fact through a wonderful sermon at Ellerslie.

it's not about me

my life
my family
my ministry
my teaching
my love for orphans..
(notice all of the my's here)

all of it

all of it
is intended for His glory.

And what an amazing privilege that is!

To partner with the King of Glory,
the Savior of the World,
the Compassionate One,
the All-Consuming Fire,
the Everlasting One,

and to bring Him glory

is truly the best thing that I could ever imagine doing with my (His) life.

My prayer for 2012 is this:

Jesus, please remind me every single day, that I must decrease, and You must increase. May I forget myself and get lost in You.
May Your glory cover the earth!
For You are more than worthy, dear Lord.
You are more than worthy!

image signature

5 comments:

Nikolyn said...

agreed.

Gwen said...

Beautiful. I find myself reflecting on a lot-- especially this week. Thank you for the reminder!

No Greater Love said...

so much to think and pray about....it was such a good sermon.

Difference2This1 said...

Definately agree and need to be reminded about daily!!

holly said...

Thank you for reminding me that there is no "I" in God. It is indeed all about Him and so not about me, remind me of this often, because self is a hard beast to tame. Love you, dear one!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger