PAGES

SLIDER

a triple play

Sunday, August 29, 2010

August 30th is a big day at our house.  It's Lily's adoption day, and also Yana and my birthdays. 


We did a weekend celebration this year.  We started out on Saturday evening, celebrating our sweet Lily.  She was so happy about her cake!  And we were so happy about having nine years with our wonderful daughter!  You are a precious gift, Lily!  We love you!


Gotta love those brothers!


We gave Lily (and Grace) an Only Hearts Club Girl and horse.  I love Only Hearts Club Girls.  They are so sweet.  For their adoption days, we try to give the kids something either from their home country or something that will encourage their relationships in the family.  Since Yana already had an Only Hearts Club Girl and horse, the three of them can now play with them all together.


Okay, this was just too cute.  Grace put her doll's shoes away with her shoes.


Today, we celebrated Yana's birthday by going on a hike.  It was a beautiful day!
Don't you just love Lily and Teresa's shorts?! 
Feels like I stepped back into the 80's.
Lily told me that if she got lost, I could just look for her shorts!



I asked Adam to not do anything dangerous while I'm in India.  He said that he wouldn't climb any trees.


David, Tia and Yana.


This photo reminds me of an Eddie Bauer or REI add.


Bryan carried Grace a lot of the way.  Hooray, Bryan!


A lolipop break.


The birthday girl.
Happy 13th my precious Yana!
We love you!


Tomorrow will be a peaceful day.  David, Grace and I will go out for breakfast.  My friend, Meredith and I will have a little time together in the afternoon.  And then, we'll have a family evening at home.  Sounds like a great way to spend a birthday!


By the way, I'm turning 40!
Woohoo!!


image signature

7 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Awwwe, first of all Happy 40th Birthday, Sarah! What a blessing you have been (and continue to be), to me!

Happy 13th to your beautiful Yana, and Happy Adoption Day to your beautiful Lily! What special celebrations, and great gifts, too.

Enjoy your day!

Love,

Tina

The Spicer Family said...

Happy 40th Birthday, Sarah!! I hope today is full of sweet blessings for you and your beautiful girls!! What a neat day to share!! So happy to have 'found' you online!!!

Jill

James, Dawn and Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADIES!! Happy family day Lily- GOD picked an awesome family for you.

Difference2This1 said...

Happy Birthday Yana and Sarah!! Happy Adoption Day Lily!! Looks and sounds like wonderul activities to celebrate!!!! You are all such special blessings to your family and friends! Jennifer

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to you and to Yana! Happy Adoption Day Lili!
It looks like you all had a terrific weekend of celebration. I pray that God continues to cover you in blessings.
Kim (and the chili peppers)

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Happy (belated) 40th Birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Gwen said...

Happy (belated) birthday, ladies! :)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger