PAGES

SLIDER

so grateful

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Friends, thank you so much for your prayers!  I've felt them and am doing much better.  Sunday and Monday were exhausting, but Tuesday and Wednesday have been great!  I know that my sweet hubby would appreciate your prayers, as well (he's pretty tired, too).

I'm so grateful for the adoption community.  You guys really are incredible!  You understand the struggles and joys that these special children face, and are always ready to pray, offer wise counsel and send a word of encouragement.  After my last blog post, Jennifer sent this email:
So glad to read that Jadon is doing well. Really....really, really thankful.  I'm SO sending prayers of thanks that things are moving along well for Jadon!! And definitely prayers for you that you get some rest....totally "got it" why you might be physically and emotionally spent right now!!!
If I were there, I'd take your other kids for playdates to give you a little break and bring you a dinner. Sigh...guess I have to send you an "e-dinner". So, would you rather have Tex-mex or Chinese? I've learned to make a pretty mean eggroll-in both ethnicities. If you choose Tex-Mex, then I'd add some fresh salsa....everything but the lime and salt from our garden. With those chips shaped like little bakets for dipping. But, Jadon needs something soft....so I'd work on softening up a small batch of our southwest chicken casserole or skillet tortilla casserole. Peaches are in season here....I'd have to include a peach crisp for dessert. And fresh peaches to whip up a smoothie for Jadon. Hum....I guess you better pick Mexican; I'm much better at that. See 'cause out here in DE where many people actually don't even know what a burrito is, I've had to learn to 'do for ourselves" if we want to fulfill our Tex-mex needs. So, even though you can't actually "eat" the e-dinner, you know I'm sending it with lots of hugs, love and care!!

Now, how sweet is that?!  Really!!

Jennifer also wrote the most wonderful, thought-provoking blog post on the day of Jadon's surgery here.  And she had a part to play in my deciding to go to India, as well (I'll write more about that on another day)!

Just think!  I might not have known Jennifer or so many of you if it weren't for our precious children, in whom we have so many things in common.  I'm so very grateful for you, friends.  You have truly been a blessing to me in so many ways.  I thank God for each of you!


image signature

2 comments:

Gwen said...

So glad that you are feeling better this week-- I totally understand how tired and busy you must feel most days, especially as Jadon recovers from his surgery. :)

So, you will be going to India in September? Do you have room to take donations? If so, what types of things can I send to you?

Difference2This1 said...

You are making me cry tonight! Right back at you...I am totally grateful adoption has "connected" our families, even if it has to be from a distance! God bless, Jennifer

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger