PAGES

SLIDER

the mystery of faith

Friday, August 26, 2011

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
Hebrews 11:1-3

Our precious Jesus is completely faithful....
absolutely, perfectly, one hundred percent of the time
faithful.

He never, ever, ever leaves me on my own.
He never leaves you on your own, either.
We can always trust in His love.
His character is totally pure and amazingly good.
He's completely faithful.

This is faith...
standing on His truth,
believing that He is altogether good,
holy,
and worthy of our complete trust.
This is the faith of every believer.


But there's also another kind of faith.
It's the faith that God gives to believe for something specific.
Revelation of this sort never goes against His character
and often leads to a greater insight into who He is
(because the thing that He's really after is our hearts).



When it comes to the adoption of our precious little R., I believe that God has given a special word. It is completely obvious that He is the One who has orchestrated every miraculous event, thus far, and because of that, I have faith that He will carry it out to completion.

I have faith in what He has already revealed.
I have faith in His character.
It has been decided.
R. is our daughter.

Could I be wrong?
Could I be decieved?

Of course. I am human. I am fallible.

But, there is one thing that I know that I am not wrong about.
In fact, I would stake my life on it.
The God of the Universe loves that little girl.
And I can completely trust in His goodness and grace in her life.
For He is utterly, unendingly, and altogether faithful.



image signature

5 comments:

Difference2This1 said...

I sure can't wait to see her face, read her entire name, and know that she is safe and sound with you!

Blessings, Jennifer

Naomi said...

What a wonderful encouraging word.

Thank you Sarah.

Praying that you will hear news soon.

Nikolyn said...

every day I check to see if there is progress. praying for her and for you. I cannot imagine what it feels like to be where you are but my God is your God and He definitely knows. Maybe this next week will be the week!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Waiting faithfully with you friend, understanding your heart on this . . . when you know, that you know, that you know . . . and all there is left to do (I should say everything there is left to do) is hold on to Him and wait. He is FAITHFUL!

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.~ Hebrews 10:23

Love you,

Tina

The Byrd's Nest said...

That's right sister!!!! He is so faithful and she WILL be home! We are covering her in prayer and we cannot wait to see her in your arms:)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger