PAGES

SLIDER

my train prayer

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

There is a train that runs through our town.
It's difficult not to be bothered by this train, because you have to wait for it.
a.lot.

A couple of weeks ago, however, a friend from our church suggested that the train be seen as symbolic of the Church...the beautiful Bride that Jesus will be coming back for. So, now, when we wait for the train, our perspective has changed. We are excited for the opportunity to wait for the train. When we wait for the train, we pray for the Church...we pray that God's Spirit would move through this land.

Now, I know that Peter, Paul and Mary were not a Christian band, but I keep thinking of this song. I just love the line about love between our brothers and our sisters (all over this land), because, when true love between the brethren is manifest on the earth, His Church will be seen in all its glory.

So, here it is...my train prayer...





And on a slightly different note, I've had some rough days lately, but our God is so very faithful. I shared my struggles with a group of women from my church yesterday, I posted that last post, and I spent a lot of time seeking the face of our precious Lord. I KNOW that people were praying for me, and He has COMPLETELY changed my perspective.

Last night, I was dancing around the kitchen with my kiddos, full of the joy of the Lord. Then, this morning He gave me Psalm 50:12-13:

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
 13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
   so that sinners will turn back to you.

He is the only One that truly satisfies. His joy is the only thing that will truly draw people unto Him.
Lord, give me more of Your joy!

 image signature

4 comments:

No Greater Love said...

It always amazes me how fast our perspective can change. I love that. God is just so good, isn't He?

The Byrd's Nest said...

So beautiful my friend. Praying for you!!

Naomi said...

Oh Sarah,

Praying for you. Praying that you continue to dance around the table with your children and someday it will be with another precious child too!

The Lord has given you more than you can handle because He knows you will depend upon Him and will be changed even more into His image. Most of us would cave under the wait you are experiencing!!

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

holly said...

God is good at doing that isn't He?...by turning our perspectives completely around so that we no longer focus on ourselves, but instead focus entirely on Him!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger