PAGES

SLIDER

Lily's impressions of India

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I think India is great!  It is pretty hot sometimes and I sweat a lot.  The kids at the Childrens Home are very fun to play with.  My favorite babys are Aloe and Cedar.  Aloe is TINY.  She is soooo cute!  I'm bonkers over her!!  Cedar is very cute also.  He is very,very ticklesh.  Unless he doesn't feel good, he will laugh and laugh and laugh when you tickle him.  Yesterday he had a very big boil on his bottom.  He had to go to the doctor. Rachel is very nice. She and lots of the other girs wanted their nails painted.  I did Aloe's tiny toes and fingers.  Ooo, that was hard.  She was moving around too!!  Here in India, there are no driving rules. And its not rude at all to honk your horn at cars and people.  Some trucks even say : HELLO.  PLEASE HONK HORN PLEASE.  In fact, its rude to not honk your horn!!!!!!!!!!!  It means, hello! I'm here! Cows fall asleep in the middle of the road too!  I'm glad to be here!

(from Sarah:  check out SCH's facebook page for some cute pictures of Lily and Aloe.  If you click on SCH on the side, you can get to the facebook page from there.)

5 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Lily,

I am so happy that you are enjoying India, and the children. I know that you are blessing them with your love and your beautiful smile--and your nail polish! :)

Thank you for telling us a little bit about what it is like there. I could almost hear the horns honking and see the sleeping cows in the middle of the road! :)

Thank you for loving on the babies! May the Lord bless your time with them!

Love,

Tina, and Teddi too

Difference2This1 said...

Praying for you guys- and the family back at home. Lily- that is an amazing picture of you with that sweet baby. That's the kind of picture you need to keep close to your heart your entire life to remind you of what's so important in this life. I'm sure your Mama will cherish it always. God bless, Jennifer

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh glad that you are enjoying India! They honk like that in Mexico too, I think it is just cultural;) But we don't have sleeping cows in the road! lol

I know that you will make a difference there and I can't wait to hear more about it. The children sound precious.

America meets India said...

So awesome to see that you are there. I loved the picture of Lily and Aloe. Thank you for taking the wheelchair. It is awesome.

Lori Pierce

Jean said...

So thankful you journey is going well!

Thank you Lily and Sarah for loving the orphans! Thank you Lily for sharing with us!

Honk, Honk!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger