PAGES

SLIDER

having a sweet time here

Monday, September 13, 2010

Isn't our God so very kind?!  He is wonderful!!  I just love Him so much and am so grateful for His presence and love.

The last few days have been so good.  On Saturday we took three of the children from Victory Home to the beach.  Phoebe had such a great time!  It was so fun to watch her expression and see her joy.  That girl is so curious and is assertive in her curiosity too!  She may be blind, but that doesn't slow her down much!

After the beach, we visited the boy's home.  Oh my goodness!  Those boys were so sweet.  I was expecting a rambunctious crew, but they were such a precious group of guys.  What fun!  We had such a good time just talking to them, watching them jump on the trampoline and pushing them on the swing.

Yesterday, we had another incredible worship time at the village church.  Truly, so very encouraging.  I loved the worship and experienced the presence of God.  I so wish some of my brothers and sisters from my home church could have been there, but I know that we were together in our love for the Lord and that was a great encouragement.

After worship, we took two groups of kids out for ice cream.  The boys were sweet, but didn't really enjoy the coldness of the ice cream.  Their smiles made up for the lack of sugar enthusiasm, though.  The girls, on the other hand, were all about the sugar.  We got them cake and a little bit of ice cream and they loved it all.  We took Rachel (among others) and her smile was absolutely delightful.  She totally melts my heart.

Theresa, Erin, Sarah, Lynda, Lily and I had another great time of worship together this morning.  This has been such a wonderful aspect of our time here.  I've been blessed by Theresa, Sarah and Erin's desire to love God and see Him glorified even more at SCH.

We visited Victory Home again this afternoon.  I had a great time with some of the ayahs (nannies) in the baby room.  They asked for prayer and it was so fun to bless each of these precious daughters of our Lord.  Afterwards, we talked (gestured) for quite a while and I showed them pictures on my camera.  Lily took some pictures of them and they liked that.

Lily has been doing such a great job being flexible and playing with the kids here.  She truly has been a blessing to me.  I'm missing my wonderful husband (whose doing a great job on the home front), and the rest of my sweet babies.  But, I am confident that God was the one who invited me here, and am so grateful that He has been faithful in every little detail.

image signature

3 comments:

Difference2This1 said...

Saying prayers of thanks you are having such an amazing time serving and loving on those children!!!

Gwen said...

What an amazing experience! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ohilda said...

I'm just now catching up! What an amazing journey!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger