PAGES

SLIDER

Progress

Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Progress is the Law of Heaven. Higher, even higher, rise to Life and Beauty, Knowledge and Power. Higher and higher. Tomorrow be stronger, braver, more loving than you have been today." God Calling, p145

During each one of our adoption journeys, I have come to a greater understanding of significant things about myself and about God. During these past few months, I have come to realize that instead of giving up when I feel discouraged, that I can come to the King of Heaven (who is my Father!) and ask for more of His power and mercy.

Now, this may seem obvious, but I tend to be very introspective and sometimes struggle with self-doubt. When a discouraging moment comes, I often find myself tempted to despair (questioning what God has already told me or said to be true). Most of the time, this despair may only last for a day or even an evening. But, even this is not, in any way, helpful, nor is it faith. God has been so patient with me and has shown me that when I am weak, then He truly is strong. I can come to Him as my full supply and He really will meet me with His love and power.

This afternoon, I was reading in the same book that I quoted above (God Calling). Here the author (who is unknown) refers to God as "A generous Giver" and "A Kingly Giver." I love this! The King of the Universe is our supply. There is nothing that escapes His grasp or notice and He longs for us to ask for all of the things of His Kingdom. He loves to give. He loves to give. He loves to give. The King loves to give to us! He gives us His love. He gives us His power. He gives us His mercy. And He loves to do it! Oh, how grateful I am for such a King as this.

1 comment:

Difference2This1 said...

What encouraging words!!! Two more days and I'll be on our way to Tessa. I look forward to checking back in here when we return...hopefully YOUR travel dates will be set by then, right!!!God bless, Jennifer

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger