PAGES

SLIDER

Fun on the Island

Sunday, January 6, 2013



We spent both of the past two days on Shamian Island. During our first three adoptions from China, our hotel was on the island and we loved that. But, there's been construction there for the past year and most adoptive families are staying on the mainland now. So, instead of staying there, we just went back to visit.

We had such a fun two days! Grace and KaiKai had an especially fun time playing on the playground there. I can see a lot of parks in our homeschooling future!

We also enjoyed talking with the shop owners, talking with other adoptive families who were visiting the island, visiting the church there (I hope to write more about my thoughts on this later), checking out all of the fun statues, watching couples getting wedding pictures taken (this is very common on the island), and eating candied hawthornes.

I took a bunch of pictures and videos. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the VPN again, so I can't post the videos. But, I'm sending Meredith the photos, and she is graciously posting for me again!













7 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Seems like you guys have been there forever!!! I think its time to come home!!! Is the island going to open in the near future for adoptive families or is it going to be a thing of the past?

No Greater Love said...

That candy looks really yummy. :) I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time. Yana, Adam and I had the best time playing Skip-Bo tonight. I've never seen Adam laugh so hard in my life. :) It was great.

Aus said...

We SO love the island - one of my favoriate places on earth - glad that you are enjoying it!

And love seeing the family together - it's great joy!!

hugs - aus and co.

James, Dawn and Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! I so can't wait to be there again.

Peter and Nancy said...

I just love that you're there with other families! (That's not standard practice for our daughter's country, though there are a few happy "accidental" travel overlaps.) What a joy to revisit an old favorite!
Nancy

The Byrd's Nest said...

PRECIOUS pictures!!!!!!!!!

Jean said...

Love the pics!! AND LOVE the island! It just brings us peace to hang out there!

Of course I am noticing what you are wearing and planning our time there. Mid weight jackets is what I see!

ENJOY!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger