PAGES

SLIDER

What do you think about adoption?

Saturday, May 14, 2011

At dinner tonight, I asked my children a question.
"What do you think about adoption?"
I told them that I wasn't going to say what I thought, but that I really just wanted to know their honest feelings.

Here are some of their answers:


I think that adoption is good, but I don't understand why so many people only want little babies, and that they only want healthy babies.


I do not think an orphanage is good, because some people think that only healthy babies are good.


Adoption is good because children don't have to live on the street.


I think that someone should make orphanages nicer, because they're not very good environments.


If I adopted a child, I would adopt an older child, because when children get to be a certain age, they have to leave the orphanage, but babies have more time to be adopted.


I think that adoption is a union between nations.


I feel sad because even if one child who is needy is adopted, there are still like 500 more who are in the same situation.


I don't understand why more people don't adopt.


So, how about you?
What do you think about adoption?
image signature

10 comments:

Cheri said...

What marvelous answers! Such wisdom from small people! I love adoption. I wish I could adopt more, have endless means to do so, and adopt old, young, healthy, special needs. What a life that would be!

Shonni said...

What wonderful answers!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What beautiful hearts your children possess:)

Kristi said...

What a precious group of children you have! Love their answers, and I hope you got some others thinking...

Nikolyn said...

yes. wow. me too. agreed. wow. yes. love your kids.

Holly said...

Love it. : )

Waitingfaithfully said...

I love the answers!

What do I think about adoption? Adoption is God's heart--and my heart overflows with joy because of the way our family has been blessed through adoption. Not only because of our Chinese treasure, but also because of the precious people that her adoption has "caused" us to meet . . . like your family, Sarah! What a sweet, sweet blessing!

Love from Texas,

Tina

Recovering Noah said...

Sarah! For the life of me, I can't find your email. Do you mind sending it again? I have a quick question. Thank You!!

recoveringnoah@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Difference2This1 said...

Such sweet kids with such a heart for other kids!! :) Blessings, Jennifer

Sarah said...

I think adoption is one of the greatest acts of love one can do. It's so beautiful to see a child young or old belong to a family that will love them!!! I love all your adoption stories and love seeing how loved they are by David and you!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger