PAGES

SLIDER

Life Without Limits--book review

Saturday, May 7, 2011



There is no doubt that Nick Vujicic leads the sort of life that is an inspiration to others.  Born without arms and legs, Nick has not let that fact slow him down.  Not only has Nick decided that he can live a life without limits, He also encourages others to live that sort of life, as well. 

I received a copy of Life Without Limits, by Nick Vujicic for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.  I am so glad that I did!  I plan on having two of my children read this book this summer.  I am sure that the book will be an encouragement to them, as well.  Nick Vujicic reminds every reader that they can choose to either wallow in self-pity for the many ways that their life is not how they would like it to be, or they can choose to live a ridiculously good life.  The three main ways that Nick encourages others to live this sort of wonderful life is to 1) trust in God and His ultimate goodness, and 2) focus on the ways that we have been blessed, and 3) focus on the ways that we can serve, bless and love others, rather than focusing on the difficulties of this life.

I would definitely recommend this book to others.  The only complaint that I have about Life Without Limits is that sometimes the focus seems to be a little too much of "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps", rather than "our God is good and we can completely trust in Him."  Nonetheless, if this book is read with the understanding that all that we are and all that we can do is totally dependant on God, then I think that it can be a great encouragement to be all that we can be, in Christ.

Happy Reading!


image signature

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I have seen a documentary (or a clip on a news show) about Nick. Truly amazing and so inspiring.
I didn't know there was a book-- I'll have to put it on my reading list! :)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger