PAGES

SLIDER

Lily's letter to the editor

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lily came out of her room one day a couple of weeks ago, after a time of prayer, and gave me this letter.  "I want to give it to the editor of a newspaper."  Well, we haven't sent it to a newspaper yet, but I have to tell you, I LOVE my girl's heart.


Dear Editor,
My name is Lily. I’m ten years old, and adopted from China. I’ve noticed that a lot of people think that dogs are more important than humans. Dogs are cute and all, but God didn’t make them in His own image, like humans. People are starving, while dogs eat from pink plastic dishes. People are shivering in rags, while dogs sport diamond collars, camouflage shirts, pink fluffy tutu’s, and outfits for every holiday. Children are begging in the streets, while dogs sleep on plush cushions. I own two dogs, and I’m not saying that they are bad or anything, I’m just saying that people are more important!

In Christ,

Lily Wei Le*

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in His own image;
He created them male and female.


image signature

6 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I love her heart too!!!!!!!! She must take after her Momma:)

Difference2This1 said...

Way to go Lily!!! I feel the same way....but I've never been able to put it into words near as well as you!! Great job summarizing the issue!! :) Blessings, Jennifer

Cheri said...

Oh my! What a sweet heart!

Anonymous said...

An amazing heart and really, amazing writing skills. She has the ability to draw the reader in with so few words, and deliver such a gripping message. Wow!

James, Dawn and Family said...

I love your sweet heart Lily!! We feel the same way!!!

Holly said...

That is awesome! She is really a great writer, too!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger