PAGES

SLIDER

Theology 101

Thursday, January 14, 2010

It is absolutely remarkable to me that when you give a little child the opportunity to know and love the Lord, they will fully embrace that chance.
Grace is a worshiper. She loves singing, dancing and giving praise and honor to our precious and worthy Lord. When we pray together as a family, Grace loves to have me whisper a psalm to her, so that she can offer it up as a fervent prayer to God. When we are at our Sunday gathering, she is thrilled to dance with her little friend, Addie, in praise to Jesus. And, before eating, she frequently asks if she can thank God for our food.
Of course, with all of this sweet learning about our Lord, there are bound to be a few humorous moments.
One day, during our family prayer time, Grace was hopping up and down with her hand raised. Yes. We sometimes insist on hand-raising in this family of five talkative children.
"I pray?" Grace asked.
"Yes Grace."
With a beautiful, wide smile, Grace exclaimed, "Jesus, you LOVE money!"
Huh? What was my child saying?! Jesus loves money?! Okay, you might have to know me to realize how funny this is. I'm totally not a money person, except as it relates to what God could do with it. George Muller is one of my greatest heroes in the faith, and I am enamoured with simple living. Yet, here is my sweet little daughter saying Jesus loves money!
Okay, I thought, let's try to go with it..."Yes, Jesus," I stammered, "You love when your people use the money, that you so generously give, to your glory!"
"Jesus! We want money! Lots of it!"
Well, uh...that didn't work. Let's try again. "Yes Jesus, give us money so that we can give to others!"
"Jesus, You really, really, really love money!"
hmmm...I guess that I'll leave this one alone for now. We'll try theology class another day...perhaps when Grace is six! For now, I'll just revel in the fact that Grace gives her full heart in love for our beautiful Saviour (even if she does think that Jesus is really into lots of cash!).
image signature

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Friend, your precious Grace simply blesses me with her smile. What a beautiful picture to envision her dancing in pure sweetness before the Lord. It's been a while since I've been in the blog world, what a joy to come and visit today.

Joyfully His,
sarah Dawn

Anonymous said...

She is truly adorable!!!! And so fun to watch worship. I too love her excitement for the Lord.

James, Dawn and Family said...

What a great picture. Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful gift to have parents who teach their children about the Lord.Then to have their children get it!!

Jean said...

That is so funny- I love how you tried to fix it!! Nice try MOM!!

What a precious little girl with a big heart for the Lord!!

Jill and Rick said...

Oh I am laughing so hard at this!!! Thanks for sharing Sarah!!

Jill

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger