PAGES

SLIDER

In the kitchen with Yana!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'll admit, I haven't done the best job of including my children in cooking. The kids do almost all of the clean-up, but sometimes I have used my time cooking as a little quiet moment with no teaching involved! lol

The big girls, however, have been inspired by their homeschool cooking class and by their friends, Caleb and Elijah (honestly, Caleb is on his way to becoming a real chef!). So, yesterday morning, Yana and Lily presented me with a grocery list that they had made that was three pages long! Lily went shopping with me and the check-out lady asked if we were buying food for the month!! No, er...just for the week!
Last night, we were going to a potluck, and Yana helped me make my favorite salad. Aaahhh...somebody else washing the lettuce. So nice! (This is not my favorite job!)
Dad has to give the cook a little hug. Here's Yana melting butter for the croutons.

Grinding pepper for the salad dressing.

And here's the finished product (minus the croutons--we couldn't put those on until we arrived at the potluck).

This morning, Yana made breakfast--southwestern style eggs, applesauce with cinamon and raisins and cinamon toast. Tonight, Lily is going to make quiche, fruit salad and a frozen fruit dessert. Hmmm...I guess that I could get used to this!


image signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy! And the salad was so good. Did you know Yana actually made most of the peach cobbler I brought last night? Yup, she did. Maybe Caleb and Yana can start a business together, and our husbands could retire. What do you say?

Shonni said...

Yummy! Yana is a wonderful little cook isn't she!

Jean said...

That looks good! She is a wonderful cook! Can I borrow her?
;-)

Tammy said...

Yum!~Looks delicious!

Gwen said...

Yum! I could definitely get used to some willing "little chefs" at my house! :)

Jill and Rick said...

Well YUM! I confess that I've also always been a bit reluctant to share my cooking with the girls, but I'm trying to do better. I know that they must be so proud of their accomplishments (& mama and daddy are too!)

Jill

Difference2This1 said...

Wow Lillie and Yana! Your food sounds great!!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger