PAGES

SLIDER

For the love of a good book...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's just something wonderful about a good book.


Whether it's a Hardy Boys' mystery...


An atlas of the world...


Or simply a family photo album...



Reading is such great fun!





We've got some avid readers at our house, so we have to spread the books around a bit.

This bookshelf holds some of our favorite hardcover books.




This one is more of a catch-all bookshelf.


Paperback nature books, and CDs can be found on this little bookshelf.



This basket holds our weekly library books.



David made this little box to hold our weekly school library books.




Here's Grace's book basket.



And this one holds some of Yana's current reads.


This is Lily's current stack.


Of course, even with all of those "book spots", the coffee table always holds a number of books that are in the process of being read. The coffee table is Adam's favorite "book spot".


These George MacDonald books are some of my favorites. David gave me one for every holiday the first few years that we were married.



And this Coppleston's History of Philosophy was one of my very best great buys! I was going to graduate school in CA and got this whole set at a used bookstore in Long Beach called Acres of Books. Goodness! I spent a lot of time in that store!



These are probably David's favorite books. He got this set at Acres of Books, as well.


And here is my most recent book purchase. I ordered this book a couple of weeks ago and it just came in yesterday. The Lord has been speaking to me so much in regards to George Muller. I'm sure that I will have lots of things to blog about after reading this book.



HAPPY READING!!!


4 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Wow Sarah, what a neat post, and what a great way for all of you to be surrounded!! I noticed some similarities . . . We too have Curious George in our library basket (almost always)! The "Children Just Like Me" book is on Brogan & Teddi's shelf . . . and the old favorite, "Animal Sounds" book is in Teddi's basket . . . which just so happens to look just like Grace's basket!

Blessings~

Tina

Tammy said...

Sarah,

Those photos had me drooling. ;) It's awesome that you have so many books that are easily accessible to the kids. You are certainly cultivating some life long book lovers!

Jill and Rick said...

Sarah, I'm amazed at the number of books you've collected! I love the pictures you've chosen of the children with the books to lead into the post too.

My girls also have their overflowing book basket in the living room. :-)

Jill

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Wow and I thought I had a lot of books. I too love reading (unfortunately hubby doesn't share my enthusiasm ) and have tried to share it with my kids. I think that is awesome! Any ideas for books for Lily, she is 7 and I was ironically putting a book basket together for her tonight from my kids books and realized I might need to get her some girly books.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger