PAGES

SLIDER

Grace and Rosie

Friday, December 19, 2008

So, I have many, many thoughts running through my mind that I'd like to post about. But, the problem is that my thoughts are not very well-developed. I've been reading another book by Bill Johnson, and am constantly being challenged to think outside of my current frame of reference. The one thing that I can say, is that if you have any last-minute Christmas shopping that you need to do, consider giving one of Bill Johnson's books. I'd definitely recommend Strengthen Yourself in the Lord to almost anyone. In fact, there are a few people that I am giving it to, or have already given it to this year.


So, in lieu of anything really substantial to say, I'll post this picture of Grace and Rosemary instead. It is hard for me to believe that just a month ago, Grace threw up upon her first meeting with Rosie. Now, as you can see, they are the best of friends!! Here are just a few of Grace's Rosie phrases.
  • "It's okay, Rosie. It's okay." This little girl is definitely a nurturer.
  • "Hi Roser!"
  • "That's a good girl, Rosie!" Said in a very high-pitched voice. I wonder where she got that from?! LOL
  • "Rosie outside." Grace wants to make sure that I know that Rosie is waiting by the door to go out.
  • "Rosie, no food." She's letting me know that Rosemary needs some food in her bowl.
  • "No, Rosie!!" Said in a very stern voice. I wonder where she got that from?!
Grace's language skills are really coming along. In addition to all of the verbal attention that Rosemary gets throughout the day, Grace can also say the typical "bye, bye", "potty", etc., she is counting to 10 in English (most of the time), she can sing "head, shoulders, knees and toes...", she says all of her siblings names, as well as the other three children that come to our house for tutoring, and each day she is picking up more and more. It is amazing how fast children learn!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

OK - in light of the comment that you left on my blog - I just have to say ewwww. Small child kissing the dog standing in front of a toilet. ;) HaHaHa!

Our standing joke around here is that we really hope that we don't fail the home study. We're afraid that our older kids will ask for a refund on their childhood! No, really kids, we are GREAT parents... :)

Tammy said...

It's great to see the "puppy love"! Madi has gone from being terrified to tolerating our pups.
I'm very impressed with her speaking skills!

Merry Christmas!

Jill and Rick said...

Oh Sarah,I love the Grace and Rosie picture and phrases!! She sounds so much like our Annie with Wrigley, and I get such a kick out of just watching them together.

Grace has come so far already. It's just amazing.

I know you're going to have a wonderful Christmas at your house this year, but I still want to tell you Merry Christmas!!!

Jill

Trish said...

Hi sarah,

Yes, Judy will be our guide and I have extra room in our luggage for you to send something for her. e-mail me and I'll give you my address. We are getting so excited about going!

Trish
tschulte1017@yahoo.com

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger