PAGES

SLIDER

God's Gracious Care

Monday, December 1, 2008

Whew! Now that it's over, I can say that last week was really rough. Jadon did finally recover from his illness, but was, well...recovering (i.e. cranky). Also, my throat was really sore and we were still trying to get over our jet lag. On Tuesday, I went to the doctor and she was sure that we had strep, but the test came back negative. So, she gave me some meds that did help quite a bit. Unfortunately, David was now feeling sick and Yana was sick on Tuesday, as well.

I mention all of this, because as I was praying today, I realized how much God has cared for us, even during this rough week. First of all, I am amazed at how well our sweet little girl has slept. From the first night, she has gone to sleep willingly and has slept all night. What a gift this has been! A gracious mercy, straight from the hand of God!

Secondly, my dear friend, Linda, and her family brought dinner to our house shortly after our return, and Laurel sent over some incredible soup for us to eat. We ended up going out to eat for Thanksgiving dinner, because we weren't up for driving to David's parent's house (an hour away), and we have actually eaten out quite a bit these past two weeks. But, that, in itself, is an amazing example of God's care for us. After our other adoptions, our finances were very tight. There is no way that we could have gone out to eat that much. But, God has been providing so kindly for our every need, as we learn to entrust our finances to Him. David's schedule has been very flexible (he actually hasn't worked since we returned from China), and today I was able to spend the afternoon in prayer due to the generous provision of our Father. I am going to write a post about finances, etc. sometime in the next couple of days. I am so amazed at our generous God!

Finally, our God has cared for us in how He has cared for our sweet girl. Grace's orphanage was very dark, but our precious daughter is full of life and light. There is no doubt that God was with her and this has made her transition so very easy. She has a joy and lightness that is incredible. Thank you, our dear Father, for the gracious care that you give to us every day! You are good!

2 comments:

strandfam said...

Sarah

God is so good, and He does care about every detail in our lives! I will be praying for the continued adjustment for your family as you settle back in to normal life.

It has been a rough week for us too. We are beginning to settle in which is good.

I am sorry it has taken me some time to get back to you. I sure wish we could have met in China, but I am still hoping for a reunion sometime.

You have been blessed with a beautiful family.
sending you love
Sarah

Waitingfaithfully said...

Sarah,

So happy to hear that you are all on the road to recovery! Whew is right!

What a sweet testimony your post is to God's lovingkindness . . .it all comes down to grace, doesn't it? His graciousness towards us, He is so good!

What a joy to see Grace's smiling face--full of life and light. She's HOME! Thank you Lord for Grace, thank you for her beautiful transition into her family. Thank you for her sweet sleep! Thank You for your grace!

Blessings to you all~

Love,

Tina

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger