PAGES

SLIDER

Christmas Preparations

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Last week all of the cousins (on David's side) came to our house and had a photo shoot for Oma and Opa's Christmas card. Don't they look cute?

We also decorated the house last week. The kids had so much fun putting all of the ornaments on the tree. My bigger kids are getting so tall that David and I only had to help with some of the tallest branches.

I've been wanting an advent wreath for years, and this year I finally went out and purchased one. While I was at the Christian bookstore, I also bought the book Jotham's Journey. It is a story that has a reading each day (along with old testament prophecies) that takes you all the way through Christmas. The kids have absolutely loved it. They always want me to read more! Thankfully, no one has gotten really frightened by the story. It is quite suspenseful. Our kids are pretty sensitive, which in many ways is good. But, I am glad to see that they can enjoy a good story, without getting too scared.

Yesterday, we went to our adoption agency Christmas party (AAC). The kids had a fun time having their faces painted and visiting Santa. We've always told our children that Santa is "just for fun" (i.e. not real), but that his character is based on a real person who loved God and loved people. They really enjoy hearing about Saint Nicholas, and had a fun time visiting with the modern-day Santa as well. Here they are (in the same outfits from Oma!) at the AAC Christmas party.


While we were at the Christmas party we discovered that the family who helped start AAC has 30 kids!!! I knew that they had a lot of kids, but I thought that it was somewhere in the teens. We talked to the dad and he said that there are only 9 at home now (almost an empty nest, according to him!).

We really love our adoption agency. If anyone is thinking of adopting from China or Korea, check out their website: www.aacadoption.com We have definitely been blessed by them many fold!

Today, our pastor was continuing a series of talks on purity of heart (we missed many of the talks while we were in China, but are trying to catch up by listening to them now). This, of course, is the most important preparation for Christmas. Oh, that my heart would be pure before God...that I would love Him with complete abandon, and that I would continually seek His face! What a gift that God would come to earth to live among us. I pray that I would always be grateful for this extraordinary gift and that my heart would be prepared to celebrate Emmanuel, who is God with us!

3 comments:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Your kids are just adorable. Love the matching outfits in both pictures. Someday when we're all midstate we'll have to get together. :-)

Jill and Rick said...

What precious pictures! Oh Sarah, as I look at their smiling faces I'm suddenly struck by how quickly this time passes with our children. (That's what happens to you when you raise one set of children and then start all over again!)

May you be blessed by making precious memories every single day this Christmas season.

Jill

Waitingfaithfully said...

Oh Sarah, what you share always ministers to my heart. Thank you for taking the time to share what the Lord speaks to your heart, you alway give me something to ponder.

Love the pictures! Oh my, your five precious babies! FIVE! Grace looks like she has always been a part of them. Sarah, your kids just smile Jesus, I mean it. Without having ever met them, they just smile Jesus! They are lights! I am blessed! (Oma did great on the outfits too!)

Love the key story, and like others said--They pray first, because that is the example that has been taught. Mamas can get overwhelmed and forget sometimes, but I believe that is why God uses our children to remind us, on occasion, of His priorities! Thank you Lord!

Blessings~

Tina

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger