PAGES

SLIDER

a true princess

Friday, October 19, 2012

Psalm 72 has always held a special place in my heart. In this psalm, we read about The Righteous King, the One who rules heaven and earth, and we discover that this amazing King:

will deliver the needy who cry out,
    the afflicted who have no one to help.

He will take pity on the weak and the needy
    and save the needy from death.
He will rescue them from oppression and violence,
    for precious is their blood in his sight. vv. 12-14

A few years back, the Lord gave me a very clear word, telling me that as His daughter, as a daughter of the King, I must look and act like Him. I must care as He cares and love as He loves...I must carry out works of mercy on His behalf.

Ever since that time, this story (below) has been very precious to me. Father Damien was a man who gave his life to care for the lepers of the Hawaiian islands. At minute 3:35 in this part of the story, the princess of the Hawaiian islands comes to Molokai (where Father Damien and the lepers live) to see what they might need. She is moved by what she sees there, because she loves these people. She does not shrink back, but gives herself to them willingly, with grace and kindness. She touches them and holds them and recognizes that she is a part of them, and they of her.


Here is a true princess. Oh Jesus, when I grow up, I want to be just like her.

1 comment:

No Greater Love said...

I was just looking through Elijah's school curriculum for history, and they quote Psalm 72 when they talk about William Wilberforce. :) It made me think of you...

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger