PAGES

SLIDER

single

Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Lil is a fiesty little thing. She's bold, fiery and full of love.
When Lily was about 7 or 8, she read a book about Mother Theresa and decided that she would like to be a nun.

Since that time, she's come to the conclusion that she'd rather be a nurse in Inda. But, she is adamant that even though she may not be a nun, she is not going to get married.


At dinner last night, we were talking about Lily's desire to remain single. Her daddy commented that she had the personality to be single for the Lord.

"What do you mean, Dad?"

"Well...you're a go-getter, Lily."

Lily, completely straight-faced, agreed, "Yeah, I don't need a man to slow me down. A man would just get in my way."

(uhhhh...yep, that's my Lil)


In Lily's defense, she later explained that what she really meant was that a husband would distract her from all of the people in India who were in need of nursing help.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lily were called to be single for the Lord, but one thing's for sure...if she does get married, she's gonna need a pretty strong man!
image signature

4 comments:

No Greater Love said...

Oh, I love Lily so much.

She would make the best nurse in all of India.

But...I still wouldn't mind if she would get married. :) Not that I would have anyone in mind for her or anything.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my goodness, this is SOOOO my Elisabeth! She grew up thinking this way, actually....she never really dated UNTIL she met Mark and now they are getting married in 7 weeks. He literally swept her off her feet but he is not the strong one in the relationship....she is....Lily already is Mother Teresa:)

Difference2This1 said...

Your Lily is such a special girl!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is the sweetest thing ever!!! I love that!!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger