PAGES

SLIDER

little happenings...

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There's always some little excitement occuring in the process of adopting a child.  Last night my friend, Meredith, told me about the possible MN shutdown (so sorry to all of you Minnesotans out there).  Since I used to live in MN and since David and I got married in MN it concerned me a bit in regards to our adoption paperwok.  So, I got on the phone this morning and found out that there should be no problem getting our marriage license (it's a county agency), and that I had until 12:00 tomorrow to get my child abuse clearance form to the agency in MN in order to guarantee it getting back to us before the shutdown.  So, I hurriedly filled out the form, and sent it off priority fedex.  I was so grateful that we found this out in time!  God is so very, very faithful!

In related news, we had our first homestudy visit yesterday.  The social worker was very kind and seems incredibly efficient.  We should be able to finish up the visits within a couple of weeks.

Also, there is a new person working in the office of the state where our daughter resides.  That is probably why we haven't heard anything yet.  Please, please, please pray that we would get good news soon!  We're so ready to be with our precious girl!

image signature

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Praying that your process isn't affected! Your family is beautiful! Congrats on your newest adoption!

No Greater Love said...

We are praying...and you are so right, God is so faithful. It is just exciting to see how He is completely in control of this process, and it's so encouraging to see how you live this truth out!

Cheri said...

You must be so excited to actually be doing something to get the process moving along. Some times it feels like a stand still for so long. I hope you hear some good news soon.

Jean said...

YES! We were under the gun too trying to get things done before the gov. shut down- ugh! I can't believe they can't work things out here...

Next time if you are near Mpls we would love to meet you! I am sure your time was filled but keep it in mind for the next time!!

I love efficient social workers!! Praying for your process!!

Kim said...

Sarah,
Your growing family is absolutely beautiful! We are praying for your new precious treasure and for the adoption process to go quickly and smoothly.

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger