PAGES

SLIDER

little irritations

Monday, January 31, 2011

About a week ago, there were three interactions that I had with other Christians that really got me riled up.  One of the things had some (small) level of significance, but the other two things were inconsequential.  Since the two insignificant things had followed the interaction with the (small) level of significance, however, I got unduly irritated.

I had gone for a walk and was praying in regards to these things.  I was crying out to the Lord to take care of these problems (that had become so large in my mind).

The Lord simply said, "Little irritations break down the body."

Oh friends, isn't it amazing how one word from the Lord can change your whole perspective?
"Little irritations break down the body."
It is so ture.
 How quickly pride can get in the way of true love for my brothers and sisters, in Christ.
How easily I can sacrifice unity for the sake of my emotions.

Dear ones, the very next day the Lord was so kind to give me another word.  It was Sunday, and our pastor spoke about how praise and thanksgiving breaks down the cloud of our often inflated emotions.
(hmmm...guess you're telling me something, Lord!)
Then this Sunday, our pastor spoke about humility and giving true favor to one another.
(geee...I think that you're talking to me, Father!)

Friends, I have completely forgotten about the two little irritations that came up (truly, I can't even remember what they were!).  And as I have praised the Lord for His goodness over this past week, and as I have blessed the sister who I felt offended by, He has been so very faithful to change my emotions.  It has been a work, it is true.  But what wonderful work He gives to us!

"Little irritations break down the body."
Friends, lets forgive today.
Let's love one another.
We have the perfect example in Jesus.
He is so good.

image signature

5 comments:

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

"How easily I can sacrifice unity for the sake of my emotions." Sarah, this statement hit me! The Lord has been showing me how much weight that I give my emotions. Thank you for sharing how the Lord has been working with you.

Shine Like Stars said...

So very, very true! I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, but I'm glad I found it. :)

Jean said...

Wonderful post and so insightful!!

I am also dealing with irritations of a sort but from non Christian neighbors- very troubling and harassing. Really praying to understand God's desires for us... Will you pray for us and for HIS message to be clear and for me to trust HIM.

Thank you!

eliz said...

You spoke to my heart here! Thank You! I have a meeting at work tomorrow and am facing Giants. I love how you write! :o) So inspirational! ((HUG))

The Byrd's Nest said...

Thank you for this Sarah, I needed to hear this today. Love you!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger