PAGES

SLIDER

Room rearranging adventures!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008



We have a bit of a family joke that we like to change our bedroom arrangement around for entertainment. We have probably changed rooms at least ten times in our children's lifetimes. When Adam, Lily and Jadon were little, it was often in an attempt to help everyone get the most amount of sleep possible.

Our recent room rearranging was done because all 4 kids were in one room and we decided that we really needed to have gender separation. The kids were excited to have a boys/girls room, but were sad to not be all together anymore. They had been in the master bedroom, and now the girls were moving to the downstairs bedroom, the boys to the smaller upstairs bedroom and David and I were actually going to be in the master bedroom (Wow! We don't know what to do with all the space!).

It's always an adventure to change rooms. The kids love to climb all over the mattresses and are a great help in carrying books, etc. from room to room (at least for the first couple of hours or so!). It's almost as much fun as going to an amusement park, or some other exciting sort of kid's place for the day. And it's a lot less expensive, although perhaps more tiring for Dad who has to take the doors off the hinges and take apart bunk beds, etc..

The boys room is pretty much completely finished and looks good. The girl's room is still in process. I'm hoping to buy some new comforters and window coverings for their room, but actually they're completely satisfied with it as it is. Grace will be in our room for a least a while and then we'll see where we think that she will fit in best. At that point, we may be due for another room rearranging!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun to me. When growing up, I would love to rearrage my room all the time. Fun stuff!! Then during my college years, while home, I'd trade rooms with my bros. Even trading beds as well. Silly.. Have fun!!

Jill and Rick said...

Strangely enough, this sounds like great fun to me too! I was also the "rearranger" in our family. If my mom was gone for any length of time, she never knew what she'd come home to. One time I even moved the piano into my bedroom! Have fun with the new rooms!

Jill

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger