PAGES

SLIDER

Mountain weekend

Sunday, July 27, 2008

We spent the weekend in the mountains, compliments of Oma and Opa (David's parents). This weekend was a little bit different than our camping weekend. We stayed at a beautiful hotel with an incredible view of the mountains. We rode the gondola, went swimming in the hotel swimming pool, ate a lot, watched our nephew play baseball and hung out with the rest of the family. I forgot my camera :( so no pictures.

Our church has "vacation Sundays" since we're such a small group. Six times per year we don't have our Sunday worship. Everyone tries to take any vacations during those six Sundays. That way we don't have people gone all throughout the summer and holidays. So, this Sunday was a "vacation Sunday".

We had a great family worship time this morning at the hotel (hopefully we didn't wake any of the other guests!). As we sang "Blessed Be Your Name" five or six birds started circling in front of the window (we were looking out the window at the mountains as we were singing). They continued circling throughout the entire song, and stopped circling when we stopped singing. I think that they were angels worshiping with us. It was truly beautiful, and if they were not angels, surely these birds were giving praise to our Almighty and Glorious Lord!

3 comments:

Catrina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I see that you are a fan of Rolland and Heidi Baker. I loved the book Always Enough. Yes, the lord must love me alot because he sure has been on my case these past few weeks. lol I can't tell you how excited I am about my teenager coming.

Kim said...

Sounds like a great weekend...with many wonderful memories made.

Blessings,
Kim

Melissa E. said...

OH! Too bad you didn't have your camera! I'll bet it was beautiful!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger