PAGES

SLIDER

Hmmm...is that for me?

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Anyone who knows us really well knows that we are pretty strict with our kids when it comes to eating. We expect them to eat whatever they are given with a smile and a grateful attitude. The way I figure it is, what if one of them is a missionary in Africa someday and they get served termites? I want them to be able to smile and say "thank you," without a second thought.

All of our kids have been pretty easy in this, because they like to eat!!! and they don't get a lot of snacks. We had to do a little training with Jadon because he didn't like vegetables (none at all!) when we adopted him. But now he actually likes vegetables, and does not complain about food at all.

So, then along comes Rosemary (our dog). O.k., o.k., so I'll admit that I do totally pamper our dog when it comes to food, otherwise she will go two or more days without eating! And one time, she started shaking because her blood sugar was low from not eating. So, yes, I did actually cut up a very tiny amount of steak and put it in her dog food.

David says that I am much more strict with the kids than I am with Rosemary. But, think about it, I am not accountable for Rosemary's soul. She is for our enjoyment (sorry to all those PETA folks out there). And I know, I know a more obedient dog is more enjoyable. But, she's so little you can just pick her up and move her. And she is soooo loving. All of my latent overindulging desires come out when it comes to Rosemary. Isn't she cute?!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes...Rosemary is a cutie and those steaks look YUMMMY!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend!

Good eats :-)
Kim

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger