PAGES

SLIDER

package #3

Tuesday, July 22, 2008



Ann, from Red Thread, put together this package for Grace. I wish that we would have used her service for the first package. The bag has Grace's picture on it and a note that asks the orphanage workers to put things that are special to Grace in it. In the letter, we asked them to put things into the bag, that she enjoyed from the first two packages. We said that they should give other children anything that she didn't need or want. I am so glad that I can know that she will get this package. I am wondering if I should have sent another stuffed animal (we sent a stuffed panda and a little rag doll in the other two packages). We hope that she received them. We also sent a photo album of our family, an outfit, socks, another camera, barrettes and fruit snacks. We are hoping that this will be the last package (because we are hoping that our LOA will come soon and she will be with us!).

I would highly recommend www.redthreadchina.com
Ann has been wonderful!

3 comments:

Jana said...

That little bag is SO CUTE!! I can't wait to follow your journey and to see your sweet girl in your arms. It's so exciting!

Kim said...

We haven't sent a care package yet because the orphanage will not give them to them until about a week before we receive the children. I will check into Red Thread....thanks!

I check your blog daily and can't wait to see the letters LOA...I will for sure be doing a dance for you here in Texas.

Kim

Melissa E. said...

How nice that bag is! I hope that she brings it with her to America with the goodies inside like you asked.

When we were in Ukraine, we gave Max (and all the boys) gifts each day and a bag of candies to share with their groups. When we picked them up, we took clothes for them and that is all they left the place with. We have a picture of Max and Steve walking out of his school and Max is dragging a suitcase. All that was in the suitcase was what was left after we gave him his clothes that day--from his undies to his outer coat to his shoes-- Another outfit and a pair of pjs. He left with nothing, although our translator asked if we could have his copy books for school and they gladly handed them to us. His teacher gave him one little stuffed toy and cried when he left. It made me glad to see him cared about.

I don't know how it will work for you but remember to ask for her things!! I hope it is soon!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger