PAGES

SLIDER

Dad is so creative!

Sunday, July 6, 2008



David doesn't work on Fridays. He and I trade off Fridays to have an extended day of prayer and study. He usually gets up early on his Friday and spends the morning (and into the afternoon) in his office praying, playing praise songs on the guitar, reading and studying the Word. When he emerges the house is clean and the kids are ready to spend some time with their daddy. He generally does something fun with the kids and then has pastoring time with either the boys or the girls (depending on the week).

On my Friday, I try really hard to sleep in (although it almost never happens). Then, I get up and get ready for the day. I spend some time in praise at home, then take a prayer walk (sometimes Rosemary joins me for this). Then, I am off to Panera for time to study and pray. I love going to Panera on my prayer days. They don't care how long I am there (usually it is about 3 hours or so), there is no loud music (I bring a walkman so I can listen to my own worship music), and I am absolutely NOT responsible for any of the people there (although I frequently pray for some of the people).

After Panera, I do errands and head home. So, what does David do with the kids during this time? Well, he does have pastoring time with the opposite children from the last week. But, after that, it is anyone's guess what they might be doing. He might build the kids a ramp to race their hotwheel cars down the stairs, or make a soccer net since we only have one, and a few weeks ago I came home to a very excited little boy who said, "Mommy, Mommy, come out on the back porch." The picture, above, shows what Dad had made. "Dad is so creative!"

5 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

Wow! What an amazing drum set!! I'm impressed. :-)

(& your Fridays sound wonderful.)

Jill G

Sarah said...

Jill,

It even has a base foot pedal made out of a tennis ball, springs and a lot of imagination! Jadon loves it!

And our Fridays really are wonderful--a gift!

Blessings,
Sarah

Jana said...

What a wonderful way to spend every Friday!! And what a creative husband you have -- that's pretty impressive!

Kim said...

I would love for you to follow our journey, if you will leave your email address that you use to sign in to your blog I will submit it to blogger and they will send you an invite through your email. I will not publish your comment with your email address on it.

Kim

Waitingfaithfully said...

Sarah,

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! How did you find me? I recognize some of your blog "commentors" from other blogs I read! I just love my blogger friends.

Your family is precious--I read everyone's stories. . . .truly a testimony of our Father's love!

Grace is precious! When is her birthday? Praying you travel soon to bring her home.

Nice to "meet" you! :)

Blessings from Texas~

Tina

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger