PAGES

SLIDER

God and children

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

For the past couple of mornings during our family prayer times, Lily has told us that she has "seen" things while I read a Psalm (I read a Psalm and David leads the singing). She see people dancing and praising God. She sees the Father smile at us. She hears God saying that He loves us. Now, this doesn't necessarily happen every day, but it is not unusual for any of our children to see visions of God or to hear from God. I am absolutely convinced that many children have these experiences of God. But, often, adults think that they are just making these things up. Even if the adults don't say it, the children eventually realize that is what the adults are thinking and pretty soon, the children stop believing them, as well.

Is it really so hard to believe that our God loves us and wants to speak to us?! (Adults too!) Now, I understand that someone who doesn't believe in God, may think that the child is making things up, but as Christians we believe that our Father loves us and really does want to communicate with us intimately. I am so grateful that He is communicating His love to my precious, sweet immature children. I am also grateful that He communicates His love to me (and I am immature, as well!). What a loving Father!

2 comments:

darlene said...

What a beautiful blessing it is to have God show Himself to a child. I believe that He knows the sensitivity of each child and knows how they love Him...even before they realize it themselves. I would say to your children, "Hold on to your visions that come straight from the throne-room of God. Hold them tight and don't let anyone take the beauty of them away from you. God has chosen you specifically to share these things with. Don't toss them away because of others foolishness...be happy that God is pleased with you so much that He is showing you things!" I cannot wait to hear about the great things God will do with your family as you all grow together.
Be Blessed in the Holy Name of Jesus,
Darlene

Sarah said...

Darlene,
Thank you for the encouraging comment! He is so good to reveal Himself to ALL who seek Him.
Blessings,
Sarah

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger