PAGES

SLIDER

and a little mountain getaway...

Monday, November 26, 2012

David and I have had a tradition of going away for the weekend after Thanksgiving to celebrate our anniversary (which is on December 9th). But, since we have been getting ready to go to China (think, saving all of our money!), we didn't plan on doing that this year.

David's parents, however, gave us a spectacular early anniversary gift...a night away at The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park.


When we walked into our room, this was the view that we saw from our window!



And in the morning, it looked like this...



The inside of the hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas.


Although the regular decor was amazing, as well!



You can see the windows of our room in this photo. It's on the middle level, on the right in this picture.


It's been a crazy past couple of weeks...going to MN (which I am sooooo glad that I was able to do), lots of illness in our house, getting ready for China and finishing up many odds and ends at the school. So, it was wonderful to simply have some time with my sweet hubby. I sure love that guy!!!

9 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awesome :)

Lisa said...

Love Estes. Love the Stanley. Do they still have a station continually streaming The Shining? Creepy!!

Sarah said...

Lisa, they DO have a station continually streaming The Shining! THAT, I could have lived without...definitely creepy!

No Greater Love said...

Ha ha...the first thing I thought of when I saw your picture was..Oh, you stayed at the scary hotel. :) It is soooo beautiful. I am glad you had that time away!!!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow! What a great gift! Yay for amazing family!!!

Aus said...

Outstanding!

Peter and Nancy said...

Gorgeous! And kinda scary. But mostly gorgeous!
Nancy

Difference2This1 said...

I'm happy for you....but for me...big sigh. How I would have loved that.

Did you know Greg tried out for the part of the boy in that movie. Obviously, he didn't get the part, but still.... :) LOL!

Blessings, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

very pretty!

manyhearts

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger