PAGES

SLIDER

"It's an orphan planet"

Monday, March 12, 2012

The first time I heard these words, I was a bit offended.

I was at a conference and was listening to a riveting talk by Leif Hedlund. The talk was amazing. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat as he spoke about the need for a relationship with our heavenly Father.

But then he uttered these words:

"It's an orphan planet."

Oh come on, I thought. That is taking it a bit too far. It's not an orphan planet. We all just think that we can relate to orphans, but their experience is way beyond anything that we could ever dream of.

That was a couple of years ago. And I still think my interpretation is correct...at least sort of.

It is true that children who are actually orphaned experience things that most of us cannot even begin to imagine. But, my perspective has changed since that conference. I am beginning to understand that lack of relationship is the greatest tragedy that could ever befall a human being. We were made for relationship. We thrive in relationship. We need relationship. We were created to have relationship with our heavenly Father.

And so many people are lacking this sort of relationship.

"It's an orphan planet."


I'm not simply talking about praying a prayer of repentance. I am talking about a real, living, breathing relationship with the Father of lights. I am talking about knowing that your Father cares for you beyond comprehension. I am talking about the understanding that you completely belong to Him and He completely belongs to you and you wouldn't have it any other way.

I am beginning to understand that we were made for relationship.
I am beginning to understand that I desperately need this kind of relationship with my Father who loves me beyond compare.
I am beginning to believe that He is a Father who would never leave or forsake me.
I am beginning to live in a way that shows that I am a daughter. I am not an orphan.

I think that I understand, now, what Leif Hedlund meant when he said,
"It's an orphan planet."

But, I pray, precious Father, that you would transform this planet into a planet of sons and daughters who rest in Your glorious relationship of love. I pray that we would realize that we are Your precious children. We are no longer ophans. We belong to You and You belong to us.
 You truly are our Father.


3 comments:

No Greater Love said...

Beautifully, beautifully, beautifully said. Amen!

No Greater Love said...

Beautifully, beautifully, beautifully said. Amen!

Peter and Nancy said...

Your words reminded me that waiting for our child has given me a glimpse into the Father's heart as he waited for me to join His family.
Nancy

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger