PAGES

SLIDER

Our trip to MN in pictures

Friday, July 9, 2010

We got back from MN last night, after a 16 1/2 hour drive.  We're all a little bit sleepy today!  But, we decided to take one more "vacation" day and are just relaxing and playing, for the most part, today.  I neglected taking pictures of some of our most exciting MN events, but did manage to get in a few decent photos. 

This one of my mom is my favorite.  Isn't she just beautiful?!  She'll be 70 next year, but you would never know it.

On the drive to MN, Yana and Jadon were all about washing the windows at every gas station. 
The trip home?...well, not so much.

David shingled my parent's roof while we were there.  The four older kids were incredible helpers.  Adam especially amazed me.  There were some hot and humid days and he stayed up there for hours.  He always has a good attitude, too.  I am so grateful for that boy!

The next-door-neighbors to my parents are so sweet.  Plus, they have kids exactly Lily and Adam's ages (their birthdays are within days of one another).  Here's Hannah and Lily, watching fireworks.

And Adam and Jonathan.

There is a great park near my parents home.  Here's Hannah and Lily again.

Yana

Grace

Dad, hiding from the kids during a game of hide-and-seek.

Lily

The whole gang.

On the way home, bendaroos were definitely a hit!  Here's Adam with his final creation.  We had bendaroos all over the windows.  Nothing like a little creativity to help pass the 16 1/2 hours in the car.

Don't forget to check out the post below if you entered the giveaway for the book.
We have a winner!

image signature

6 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

OH what fun!!!!!!!!!! I love family trips:) Have a great summer my friend!

Gwen said...

What a fun trip! And Bendaroos-- what a great idea! I wish I would have thought of them on our beach trip! Genius!

Kimmie said...

YOUR MUm is beautiful...natural, comfortable in her own skin and down right beautiful.

Your trip looks like fun.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

James, Dawn and Family said...

If we would have known you were in MN we would have met up with you. Looks like fun. We luv benderoos.

Difference2This1 said...

Great photos!! I can't believe you take a 16.5 hr car trip with 5 and live to tell about it. It even sounds like you still have your sanity (ha, ha) Amazing! :) Blessings, Jennifer

Jill and Rick said...

It looks like a wonderful vacation, and yes, your mom is beautiful. I loved the family picture too.

Jill

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger