PAGES

SLIDER

Oh my Lily-girl!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

I tell you what...this sweet girl just gets to me. She is one complex little creature...full of true affection, love and boldness, with just a touch of spice. In the picture above, she had just finished singing a solo for the homeschool program. As I watched her up on that stage, with her beautiful voice, radiating the sort of true confidence that comes from within, tears welled up in my eyes. I thought of Lily's birthmother and wished that I could meet the sort of woman who would give birth to such a child! I thought of the loss that this world would experience if Lily were not in it. I thought of the great wonder and gifts that I would have missed out on if this Lily were not my daughter. I thought of the many other "Lilys" who will spend their lives in an orphanage...in a place where they will not receive love, without a chance to learn to love others boldly in this world.
The concert was almost a month ago, but I just can't get it out of my mind.
This sweet girl just gets to me...

On Christmas day, my Lily-girl gave me this card.
Oh, Lil! You just get to me...
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

image signature

5 comments:

Jean said...

What a precious little girl! God is so good!

You are exactly right- what about the other Lily's that are still in the orphanage. My heart hurts just thinking about them- they too need to come home. They need there Momma to talk about them exactly liked you talked about your Lily- such a wonderful gift from God.

If only their birth mothers new what joy they bring their families.

Thank you Jesus!

Gwen said...

Lily is such a sweetheart, and so talented! Wow, I love her Christmas card!
I find myself thinking about Sarah's birth parents a lot, too... and also for those kids who will not know the love of a family. We are so blessed.

Cari said...

what a sweet and beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

I love that card....Lily is so thoughtful and so loving!

Difference2This1 said...

What a sweetheart Lily is! Must have something also to do with the special Mama who has the blessings of raising her!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger