PAGES

SLIDER

My virtual twins

Sunday, November 15, 2009

When we brought Jadon home from China, he was 23 months old. Lily was 29 months old. To say that things were sometimes rocky between the two of them might be a bit of an understatement. On the other hand, they had some serious moments of bonding while unrolling multiple rolls of toilet paper, and emptying out all of our cupboards. And after a few months, when Jade had learned who was in charge (er...that would be Lily), they truly began to become the best of friends. They loved to play together.

And they learned to bond through all sorts of girly activities (I told you that Lily was in charge of this relationship!).
I will spare Jadon the embarassment of posting the picture of him in the green tutu that he loved to wear around the house.



As time went on, and Yana joined our family, things have become a bit more gender separated. The girls like to play with their animals and dress up (Jadon no longer joins in with his tutu!), and the boys are seriously into legos and street hockey.

Still, my two little virtual twins have a special relationship.


And now sometimes, Lily...

even follows...
Jadon.


image signature

4 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

What a heartwarming post about your virtual twins! I bet they did unwind their fair share of toilet paper--and then some!

Love the sister/brother embrace, and the smiles!

Blessings ~

Tina

Jill and Rick said...

Sarah, I so enjoyed seeing the pictures of your "twins". I had no idea that they were so close in age, and seeing their relationship blossom and grow is just beautiful.

Jill

Gwen said...

This post made me smile, because we have a lot of similar situations at our house with our "twins." Jason likes to wear Sarah's pink tutu occasionally. When Dave saw me take a picture, his words were, "That's not for the blog!" ;)
Some days are a little tough with two little ones, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful post, Sarah. It gives me hope as I listen to my two little ones tormenting eachother in the background. ;)

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger