PAGES

SLIDER

The joy-springing child

Tuesday, August 18, 2009


"You know the difference between taking a glad, loving, joy-springing child with you along the way, when the child anticipates each direction, accepts naturally each decision as to each turning--and the child who resists, and, rebellious, has to be forced, even though in its quieter moments it may say, "Yes. I do want to go with you. I cannot be left alone, but I hate this way." God Calling, August 18

So many times in my life, I have been that child who resists. Though wanting to follow the Father during quiet moments of reflection, I would rebel against his gentle hand during the everyday trials of life. I would grow irritated by a perceived offense, or impatient with one of my children, simply because he is a acting like a child. It is not generally in the large things that we fail to follow with joy, but in the everyday, mundane chores of life.

If you are a parent, you know the sadness that you feel when your child resists your gentle lead. How much greater the Father's sorrow, when we choose to go our own way. His way is always good. His way is always perfect. His way is always full of love. May I follow it faithfully, lovingly and with great anticipation, springing with joy!

image signature

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sarah, I love your new blog look. It's very nice! Thank you for always sharing your heart, it's encouraging to me! Blessings,
Kristin

Shonni said...

This is great and encourages me. The children's interruptions really get me sometimes ...especially the tattle-tailing between the 3 four year olds.
Thank you for sharing this.

Sarah said...

Sometimes I throw childlike fits, running into His arms and then running away. I am so thankful that as my Loving Father, He loves me anyway.

God is writing a new song on my heart. Thanks for singing with me today.

May the song of our lives, be to the tune of your heart, Our Lord.

Listening to His song,
Sarah Dawn

Jill and Rick said...

So, so true. Thank you for these thoughts to ponder, Sarah.

Jill

sarah bess said...

your blog looks gorgeous, Sarah. just beautiful.

Do you think you'll adopt again?

Would you mind dropping me an email about it?

Jean said...

Wow- that is so encouraging- I have been rebellious at times too- why do I do it ? And yet my expectations of my children are more than what they are for me with my father- something to ponder and to change!

Love your new blog look!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger