PAGES

SLIDER

choices

Friday, February 3, 2012

Yesterday, when I heard that we might have a big snowstorm, I began praying..."Please, Lord, do not let school be cancelled."

You see, as I mentioned in my last post, Meredith has been teaching at the school two days per week. But, what I didn't mention was that every single day that she has been there so far, one of my kids has been sick. Sooooo, I haven't actually had a day off yet, and I was really looking forward to today so that I could be home by myself and pray..."Don't you know that I need this, Lord?!"

So, when I woke up this morning, and saw that there was only this much snow, I rejoiced!


But, then we got a phone call.
School
was
cancelled.

How was that possible?

Apparently, another one to two feet of snow was predicted and they didn't want the kids out in the snow.

Well, let me just say, I didn't exactly handle it well.
I actually locked myself in my room.
yep.
I locked myself in my room
and
cried
and felt sorry for myself.

Pretty mature, I know.

After a few minutes of self-pity, my printer started up...
on its own.

Okay.
That's a little strange.

And here's what came out of the printer.
"Thank you for serving us, your the best mom We love you so much, you are the best.
Love?"


Yeah.
The boys sent that message from their IPod.
Oh boys, you are too good to this grumpy mama!!!!


And now, I have a choice to make...
keep up the bad attitude,
or
choose to love in the place that God has me today.


Honestly, how could I be grumpy with those sweet faces around?

So, today won't be a prayer day.
But, I can choose to make it a God-day.
I can choose to love.

And now I'm off to play legos, or horses, or whatever else may come my way.
Thank you, God, that I can choose to love today.
Thank you that You choose to love us every day.

image signature

7 comments:

Brad and Renae said...

Love this... such sweet caring children :) - Renae.

Cheri said...

Yes, sometimes God has to use our young ones to put us in our place. I pray you have a great day!

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

I love it when my children help unwind me from my grumps. I am sitting here now trying to unstew with a run-in with one of mine.

Ahhh, this selfish heart of mine...I can still see the gap 'tween Jesus and me.

Nikki said...

Love how kiddos can lighten every grumpy mood in the world!!! Your family is seriously just precious and each of their little faces warms my heart!!! They are beautiful!!!

Gwen said...

I hope you had a great day with your kids! How sweet that your boys sent you a note! They are all looking so grown up these days! :)

Nikolyn said...

wish we lived closer. I would so swap you a day! Hope you get a chance to spend a day with the Lord soon. You deserve it!

Jean said...

Awwww, I have had those days too!

Kinda like - I really love you but for just a moment could no one please touch me, hang on me, want something from me and the list goes on!

What sweet boys you have! Truly little gifts from GOD!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger