PAGES

SLIDER

This is gonna be fun!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

  I just love to see God work miraculously in the lives of His children.
And I am absolutely positive that this is going to be one of those times.
The sweet little pumpkin below is named Genevieve.  She lives in India at Sarah's Covenant Homes.  She is an absolute angel-girl and I fell in love with her when I was there.  She reminds me so much of my sweet Grace.  So, since I was missing Grace while in India, I carried precious Genevieve around a lot. 


Genevieve has a pretty miraculous story.  And since Sarah knows that story a lot better than I do, I'm going to give you the story in her words.

Genevieve is a sweet four-year-old girl. When she arrived in December, she was very much like a shy little baby. Because of her delayed development, she was referred into our care as a child with cognitive special needs, but it's quite evident to us now that she has no cognitive challenges. I'm amazed at her progress in just under a year's time. She wasn't walking when she arrived but learned to walk soon after we received her. She also started talking and now talks fluently in a very on-target way for her age. She attends a local private English-language preschool, where she shines! She's no longer shy and is very active and playful. Her best buddies are Victoria, Jeanette, Brent, and Rebekah.
Genevieve has a dermoid cyst on her cornea which has significantly damaged her vision in that eye. It also seems to irritate her. She will need at least two surgeries for this--one to remove the cyst, and then eventually she'll need a corneal graft from a donor to try and restore the sight in that eye. The surgeons wanted to wait until she turned four to start the process, and we feel she's definitely ready for the first surgery and that it would relieve her to have that large cyst gone. The first surgery will cost at least $1500. Bless you for wanting to help this sweetheart!


Just a little love and this precious girl has blossomed!
Last week, when I found out about Genevieve's upcoming surgery, I heard the Lord say, "Sarah, you raise the money for this surgery."  So, I talked to my family and they were more than enthusiastic.
We've added a chip in button onto my blog and we can't wait to see what God is going to do!

We also wanted to make this fun...and what could be more fun than a giveaway!
So, for every $10 that you chip in, you'll get one entry in the giveaway.
If you donate $25, you'll get three entries.
If you blog or facebook about Genvieve (and how people can give to her surgery), you'll get another entry.
The drawing will be held on November 30th.
You'll need to tell me if you've blogged or facebooked about Genevieve and how many entries I should give you for your donation (because the chip in information will go directly to SCH, not to me).
You can leave a comment or email me directly

I LOVE that there are so many people who are selling things in order to benefit orphans or to raise money for their adoptions.  So, if you win, the prize will be a double blessing, because not only will you help Genevieve, you'll also help women in Uganda and you'll help Daleea's family to adopt their little sweetie.
This prize includes a Ugandan necklace from Project 147.



And your choice of any bracelet from Daleea at Orphaned No More.



Thanks so much for helping sweet Genevieve!
This really is gonna be fun!

image signature

12 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

What a sweetheart. Sarah, I posted about Genevieve on facebook. (Not for an extra entry, Sarah, but in a real effort to help raise the money.) Thank you, Sarah, for stepping out to help those that need it.

Jill

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a precious little girl. Thank you for all you are doing for the orphans...

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you so much for helping us bring our Isabella home and helping her to become officially Orphaned NO More!

Gwen said...

Sarah--
I am more than happy to chip in and also post about Genevieve on my blog!!

Praying that Genevieve will be able to have her surgery soon!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh how I love your heart! I think you actually left your heart there:) God is really working through you to be the voice of these precious babies.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I put a post on my blog for you...I pray that many will give in His name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Sarah!!!!! Two people have already visited my blog and have said that they donated!!!!! God is at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarah bess said...

Sarah....thank you!!!
and thank you to all of your friends, too!

Naomi said...

Just posted on my blog today!

Praying that God moves on the hearts of His people!!

Jenn said...

I just posted on my blog and on facebook. I also chipped in. This little girl reminds me so much of my own darling girl! Any chance you know if she is adoptable?

Praying that the Lord moves on the hearts of those that see this, and that they act!!

Blessings,
Jenn

Waitingfaithfully said...

Sarah,

I just chipped in for precious Genevieve, and posted to my facebook. I've been watching the "chip-in" climb, God is so good!

Thank you Sarah, to you and to your family, for your obedience to serve this precious little lamb!

Love and blessings~

Tina

Serving the King said...

Praise you Jesus for this sweet little life! I just donated and Facebooked it!(Is Facebooked offically a verb yet?....yes, yes I think it is.) :) This is such a great idea Sarah!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger