PAGES

SLIDER

Gotcha!! Four fabulous years!

Thursday, June 25, 2009


Four years ago, our beautiful daughter, Yana, came to live in our home and be a part of our family! Her story is a miracle of God's love and care. Truly, God meant for her to be in our family and we will always be grateful to Him for His mercy and kindness to us and to our sweet girl.

Shortly after we adopted Jadon in 2003, I had a strong sense that there was another child whom we were supposed to adopt. I didn't know much about this child, but I was pretty sure that she was girl. Of course, I thought that she might be in China and I imagined that she would probably be younger than the children that we already had. But God had different plans.

At this very same time, a little 5 year old girl entered the children's home in Ukraine. She was scared and lonely. She lived in this home for about a year and then moved to another children's home in Ukraine. Her paperwork got lost in the move, so instead of waiting one year until a family could adopt her (according to Ukrainian rules), she had to start the year over after about 11 months.

Back at home, I was praying and praying in regards to the child that God had laid on my heart. I was so sure that God had a child out there for us, that oftentimes when the phone rang or someone was at the door, I wondered if it would be someone who was going to tell us about our child!!

Those years were a mix of ups and downs for me. I had faith that God would fulfill His word to me, but sometimes I became very impatient to see the fulfillment come about. God had to do a work in me before I was ready to receive this child.

After two years in two different children's homes, God brought Yana to the United States. I can't go into details regarding what happened, because it is her story to tell or not to tell, as she feels comfortable. But, I can say that God moved mountains to bring her to us! We literally met out little girl at our front door (before we even knew that she was to be our daughter!).

On this day, four years ago, she came to live with us and join our family. What a joy it was to see God fulfill His promises in such a miraculous way. It was evident that God had already worked in her heart while she was in Ukraine. She loved to look at our children's Bible and draw beautiful pictures of Jesus. God had also worked in her heart and gave her a strong desire for a father. She had never had a father, and now she had a wonderful earthly father and was able to learn about and grow in her love for her Father in heaven. This next picture was taken a number of months after Yana had joined our family. It was the day of her baptism and we were thrilled beyond belief that she had chosen to follow our Lord.




Yana has grown so much in these past four years. She is a wonderful daughter and sister. She has a servant's heart and loves to do things for other people. She has an insight into God's love that comes out in the pictures that she draws. Here is one that she drew at about the same time as her baptism.


This next picture was taken about a year after she joined our family.




And here she is today. Thank you, Lord, for the precious gift of Yana! I am so grateful for her life, and so grateful that she is my daughter.







6 comments:

Gwen said...

Such an amazing and miraculous story. Yana is beautiful. I love the pictures! It's fun to see how much your kids have grown since Yana joined your family!

Cari said...

She is just beautiful! What a precious gift!!

Kim said...

What a gorgeous young lady! ...and what an amazing story and testimony to God's faithfulness and plan for our lives.
Happy FFD!!
KimS(and chili peppers)

Sarah said...

Wow, Sarah, has it really been four years ago?? I still remember each child as they have joined your family. It's so thrilling to watch God bless you. Yana has grown up so much. She is such a beauty. I'm glad that God has blessed her and will continue in do so.. It is such a joy to see all your kids growing up..
Hugs to you,
Sarah

Difference2This1 said...

What a special girl! I love her sunny smile...she looks like the kind of person others are drawn to. What a blessing to have her in your family!

Jill and Rick said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Yana and your entire family! She is so precious and your story of when and where you met her is amazing. God is so good!

Jill

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger