PAGES

SLIDER

haircuts and love...

Monday, April 20, 2009

A few weeks ago I was visiting my doctor's office. I saw a flyer for an event put on by the Rocky Mountain cancer society. They were doing a "hair raising" and anyone with at least 8 inches of hair to give could donate it for cancer patients. I took the flyer home and asked if anyone wanted to donate their hair. Lily responded, "I do! I do! I'd be so glad to give someone my hair." ( Have I ever told you how much I LOVE this girl's bold love?!)

So, yesterday was the big event. Lily was so excited! Here are her "before" pictures.


We asked a friend from our church (who had donated in the past), if she wanted to join us. She said "yes!" and off we went. Here is Melanie's "before" picture.


Melanie was up first and they cut off a whopping 14 inches!


Doesn't she look wonderful?!


Next it was Lily's turn. She had the sweetest hairdresser.




Aren't these two ladies beautiful (inside and out!)?!


Love that sweet girl!


And I love her new haircut!


10 comments:

Gwen said...

What a nice idea! I have friends who have donated hair to "Locks of Love".
Wow, I hadn't realized how long Lily's hair was! Her new cut is cute, too! ;)

Tammy said...

What a loving sacrifice! The girls look beautiful with their new styles!

Jana said...

She's precious inside and out and her haircut is beautiful -- so healthy and shiny. What a pure heart -- I know you're proud!!

Sarah said...

How awesome, awesome, awesome!!

Patientlywaiting said...

That is awesome that Lily was willing to give up her hair for someone! Both girls looks beautiful in their new haircuts!

Hugs,
Robin

Waitingfaithfully said...

Lily,
I'm with your mama . . . I love your bold love for others. What a beautiful thing for you to do (and Melanie too)! Your new haircuts look great!

Sarah, Your sweet girl is beautiful, inside and out! :)

Love you both ~

Tina

Kendall said...

Very sweet!! I love to see kids do those kinds of things. Those are the things they remember as life values!! And both of them got wonderful haircuts!! It looks great!!

Amy said...

I didn't realize that my daughter was signed in with her new blog when I wrote that comment above. It was actually me, not her!!!

Jill and Rick said...

Beautiful hair and beautiful hearts.

Jill

Difference2This1 said...

What a sweet girl! Her new cute IS very cute!!!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger