PAGES

SLIDER

Summer thinking

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our last day of school was a week ago, Thursday. Summer is here and I have been drinking in the time to relax, pray, think, swim with the kids, do just ONE subject with each of them for school, etc... I feel like I have an abundance of mental space and space in my schedule. I have still been thinking quite a bit about little Maria Chapman. Her death has convinced me even more deeply that death is not God's plan or will. When I had my last miscarriage, a number of well-meaning people told me that it was God's will. This is not true. God does not cause death and it is not His will. I continue to be so encouraged by Bill Johnson's books and teachings on this. He reminds us that our goal as Christians is to bring heaven down to earth. We aren't just sitting around, waiting for heaven. We are to participate in the kingdom now. Glory be to God! He wants us to experience life with Him now AND in eternity. I know that I will continually be learning all of what this means. But God is with me, desiring to show me His way, and I am so grateful.

No comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger