PAGES

SLIDER

Psalm 68

Monday, June 23, 2008

In Psalm 68, it says that God puts the solitary in families (or God gives the lonely a home). As I was meditating on this verse last week, I realized that God does not want Grace to be without a family for a moment longer. I also realized that I had stopped praying fervently for her quick homecoming. Instead, I had relaxed about the timing and thought that I was being spiritually mature. I had an attitude of "well...whenever she comes, that will be God's best timing." But, that is not true. God's best timing is now. In heaven there are no orphans, and Jesus told us to pray "Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven." I am asking God to bring our LOA quickly, for I know that He desires for Grace to have a home, a family, and people who love her. I have faith that He is already working to bring her home soon. To God be the glory!

4 comments:

Jill and Rick said...

Sarah, I'll pray along with you for that quick LOA. Grace needs to come home.

Jill G

Linda said...

I don't think I had ever really noticed that verse - maybe I just read over it and didn't really pay attention to what it is saying, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention. I will pray with you that Grace comes home quickly. When you have other children, it is easy to simply get caught up with their day-to-day activities, and I think you are correct when you say that God wants Grace home now rather than later.

We too had a great time at the park, and all of us would love to do it again. Monday, July 7th, is not good for us, and because of our Wednesday Bible school days, it would probably be best to skip those. Otherwise, we are very open to anything!

Melissa E. said...

God-speed!

Debora Hoffmann said...

Thanks for the reminder to be fervent in our prayers. I am reminded that 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says: Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I think I need to make a huge poster of these verses and put it up so I can see it all the time!

I pray for a quick LOA and for Grace to be with you very soon!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger