PAGES

SLIDER

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A couple of nights ago, I had a dream about Sergey. It was our first meeting, and in my dream, the time with him was tender and sweet. So, it was surprising when I woke up with this 80's worship song running through my mind:
 
 
"The Battle Belongs To The Lord"
In heavenly armour we'll enter the land
The battle belongs to the Lord
No weapon that's fashioned against us shall stand
The battle belongs to the Lord

We sing glory and honor
Power and strength to the Lord
[repeat]

The power of darkness comes in like a flood
The battle belongs to the Lord
He's raised up a standard, the power of His blood
The battle belongs to the Lord

When your enemy presses in hard do not fear
The battle belongs to the Lord
Take courage my friend, your redemption is near
The battle belongs to the Lord
 
It was a surprising song, in light of my dream, but on the other hand, not so surprising, considering all of the circumstances surrounding Sergey's adoption.
 
This one has been hard, my friends.
 
Along with the initial problem of Sergey not being allowed to come to the US for hosting, we have also encountered crazy delays, having to re-do our paperwork multiple times, and opposition almost every step of the way. At moments, it has caused us to question whether or not we were on the right path. But, as we have prayed, we have become more and more convinced that the enemy of our souls would love for us to give up on Sergey. Our Glorious Savior, on the other hand, never will (and because we love Him and long to be like Him, neither will we!).
 
 
So that's why, when I went to my first DHL service center to mail our dossier, and they told me that they no longer mail things DHL, I could actually begin to see the humor of the situation. And when at the second service center (in a very scary part of town), I had to literally yell above the volume of the music playing inside the building ("No. That's okay. If you're not sure that it will make it there, I think that I should probably go somewhere else."), I could laugh out loud while exiting the building.
 
I could laugh because I know who will win this battle.
I know who already has the victory, my friends.
 
But, I also know that we need you. We need each one of you, our precious friends, to pray along with us. We need you to pray for Sergey, that his heart would be kept in peace and joy while he waits for us. We need you to pray for our family, that we would continue to trust in the Lord and not get  discouraged by all of these crazy delays. We need you to pray against the powers of darkness, that would do everything conceivable to keep Sergey right where he is at.
 
We need you, dear friends.
Your prayers matter.
Thank you, for fighting this battle along with our family, and ultimately, with our Lord.
He will be victorious!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Praying for you. This precious child belongs to you...he even resembles you. Praying real hard that His direction is the direction you want it to be.

Naomi said...

I agree with Wendy that he does look like you!! Thank you for sharing this post so we can be praying because I wondered recently where you were at with moving forward to adopt this boy! Press on and stay in the lane that God has you running in.....

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger