PAGES

SLIDER

Standing Tall

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Our precious boy got his leg braces on Thursday.
Oh my goodness!
He is over-the-top excited!
He loves to show everyone how he can stand with his legs straight and doesn't need to lean against the wall or hold on to anything.


We've been telling him how tall he looks and he is so very proud. He can wash his hands now, without having to use a step-stool!

It brings tears to my eyes when I see how grateful Kaikai is to be able do the things that most of us take for granted.
Like this...


I'll tell you what...if you want to find joy in buying something, forget the fancy cars or diamond rings! Instead, buy some leg braces (or crutches or other adaptive equipment) for a child who has never had them before. That is something that will give you great pleasure. I'm quite sure that I've never purchased anything that has given me more!

12 comments:

No Greater Love said...

oh i love it. He is so cute. And you can see the joy on his face. Yay, KaiKai, you are standing tall1 :)

Rebecca said...

So precious!

Jean said...

What joy on his face! Made my day!

Sally-Girl! said...

Sweet boy!! Is he in AFO's or KAFO's?

Sarah said...

Sally, they are AFO's.

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

How wonderful!

Cristy said...

Love his smile!

Nikolyn said...

so beautiful. thanks for who you are in the world, Sarah!

Aus said...

HOORAH - yeah - I like that!

hugs - aus and co.

Peter and Nancy said...

He is such a doll -- and you can just see the joy on his face! So happy for him and you.
Nancy

Kristen said...

WOW!!!!!!! KaiKai is beaming!!! I don't think I've ever seen a child with so much joy radiating from him!!! So happy for everyone!!

Difference2This1 said...

It is such a blessing to be able to give this type of gift to a child who didn't have something like this before. Go KaiKai!!!

Blessings, Jennifer

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger