PAGES

SLIDER

Being Captured

Thursday, August 14, 2008

This past week has been rough in regards to waiting for our LOA. I have been tempted to discouragement a number of times. But, the Lord is good. On Monday, as I was praying, He gave me an overwhelming sense of His Kingship. I was singing a song with the words, "We are captured by your majesty." And truly, I was captured. He is the perfect King whom our hearts truly long for (whether we know it or not). He is perfectly powerful, merciful and just.

I have loved meditating on Psalm 72, which extols the characteristics of the One, True, Righteous King. I am claiming verse 14 which tells us that the blood of the needy is precious to Him. Grace's life is precious to our Lord.

I have also been reminded of King Christian X of Denmark. Have you ever read the children's book The Yellow Star? It is beautiful. Here was an earthly example of a righteous king. He saved many Danish Jews during WWII and the hearts of the people were truly with Him. They loved their king. I am inspired to love our Eternal King even more by reading about King Christian X. A righteous king always cares for the needs of his people. And in return, they give their lives and hearts to him.

No comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger