PAGES

SLIDER

I 171 H !!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We got our I 171 H in the mail today!!! Hooray!!! It was funny because it was not in a brown envelope (I got it confused with the one that we will get from the consulate in China, which is in a brown envelope), so I wasn't really sure that it was the right thing. I had to read it all to be sure. Then I called the adoption agency and tried to fax it to them, but our fax wasn't working. So, the kids and I got in the car and took it to Kinkos. It needs to be sent out to be authenticated and then everything will be on its way to China! We should be DTC in about two weeks.

Yana was so cute. She was absolutely shaking with excitement. She has been praying every day for the past week or so that it would come in the mail. God answered her prayers! All the kids were shouting out, "Praise God! Now we can go and get Grace. Can we go tomorrow?"

We are so very grateful. This morning, I had realized that if we didn't get our I 171 H soon that we may have to re-do some of our other documents (all documents can only be 6 months old when they are sent to China). We are glad that it won't be necessary to re-do anything! What a relief!

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...

I still remember clearly my husband walking in the door with ours. At first I was alarmed at the tears in his eyes and the stunned look on his face. Then he practically whispered, "It's here. It's here."

Every step along the way holds as much emotion as a physical pregnancy. In some ways, even more! An unbelievably difficult journey that is worth every agonizing moment of wait and worry and anticipation--this is the nature of international adoption--but it is so worth it!

Congratulations. Soon you will be with her--and she with you!

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

I'm so happy for you!

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger